Lent & Easter Abundant Lent Words of Welcome|
March 8th is the Third Sunday in Lent. Our week's theme will focus on "An Abundance of Experience" while the adult forum will look at anamnesis and the Triduum. Unclear what either of those are? Come to forum! We will also continue are teaching Eucharist at the 10:30 a.m. service.
The upcoming week will be spring break for Virginia Tech. Wishing safe travels to all who will be leaving Blacksburg for the week.
Lenten, Holy Week and Easter Services & Events
April 4, 9:00 am The Proper Liturgy for Holy Saturday
April 5, Easter Services
- March 29, Palm Sunday
- Holy Week
- March 31, 7:00 p.m. Reading Aloud of Mark's Gospel
- April 2, 6:00 pm The Proper Liturgy for Maundy Thursday
- April 3, Friday Services
- 11:00 am, Reconciliation of a Penitent
- Noon, Stations of the Cross
- 6:00 pm, The Proper Liturgy for Good Friday
- 6:00 am The Great Vigil of Easter
- 7:00 am Potluck Breakfast
- 8:30 am Festive Holy Eucharist, Rite I
- 9:30 am Potluck Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt for children through 5th Grade
- 10:30 am Festive Holy Eucharist, Rite II
An Abundant Lent
Get ready for "An Abundant Lent." This year will focus on abundance both in our shared lives here at Christ Church and in our own individual lives. Due to our space constraints this year, we invite everyone to sign up to participate in a Wednesday night study in homes. The study groups will be organized by neighborhood from 6:30-8pm. We need a few volunteers to host a group in their homes during the Lenten season. It is not expected that the host will provide dinner. Below is a schedule of our topics of discussion. Please contact Emily at email@example.com, if you are willing to host a group. The sign up list for home groups is in the commons or you can email Emily directly.
Adult Forum- Focused on the Book of Common Prayer
- March 8 - Abundance of Memories: What does that mean in liturgy?
- March 15- Abundance of prayer and praises
- March 22- The Ordinary Made Extraordinary
Wednesday Home Group Discussion Topics
- March 4- Abundance of Time
- March 11 - Abundance of Experiences and Memories
- March 18- Abundance of Resources
- March 25- Abundance of Grace
Words of Welcome
Thank you for visiting our website. As you will discover both on this site and in person, Christ Church is a congregation rich with people, worship, and a variety of ministries.
We worship as a community every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. with the celebrations of Holy Eucharist. Everyone is welcome.
We worship at other times too, offering quarterly Evensong. Music is an integral part of our worship, as is the participation of the congregation.
Being one of only two churches still worshiping in original buildings in the Sixteen Squares that comprise historic downtown Blacksburg, Christ Church exists to serve God and people in our world with deep roots to our Anglican tradition and past, to embodying Christ's love in the present, and always striving to become more and more the people of God as the future unfolds.
We have a deep commitment to minister in the name of Christ to those in need, to those seeking God's presence in their lives, to the students, faculty, and administration at Virginia Tech, and to those who live out their Christian faith as Episcopalians.
If you find yourself pondering some of life's bigger questions, or perhaps you're looking for a place where you can engage your mind, heart, and soul while seeking a relationship with God and others, Christ Church invites you and welcomes you to become a part of this portion of the Body of Christ.The Rev. Scott A. West, Rector
Weekly Email Service